April 8, 2009

I Am A Neutral

At least according to my new Almay Clear Complexion makeup, I am.

My makeup woes started at my parents' retirement party, last summer. My cousin Marcela cursed my makeup when she said "Erika, you're not allowed to buy any other shade of cover-up, this CoverGirl_-_TruBlend_Liquid_Makeupcover-up is perfect! It is the perfect shade for your skin!". This obviously isn't word-for-word what she said, but it's pretty darn close! So, naturally, after she said this, my CoverGirl Tru-Blend Makeup in Buff Beige started to run low. Maybe this was a result of her curs-ed words, or just me using my make-up - who knows?

The next time I hit up Shoppers to buy some for faboosh cover-up, I purchased my shade with no hesitation. Only when I got home and tried it out, did I notice the slightly grey-tinged hue of it. This would have worked perfectly if I was undead in some way (vampire, zombie, etc), unfortunately I have yet to undergo that transformation. So, I returned it being the unsatisfied and unhappy customer that I was. I tried out a few more places and sadly, all the buff beige's in this region of the world are the same. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!

*Sigh*

But, I have seen the light and the light is Almay!200 Not only is it hypoallergenic and has salicylic   (Pr. sa-click-click, to some people) acid to help fight blemishes, but it perfectly, perfectly matches my skin tone in the Neutral shade! I'm quite excited with my new find, and I know that I have been very happy with Almay products in the past. Here's to hoping this one works out!

WOOHOO!

2 comments:

mrs shortcake said...

I love their expressions. So...expressive! I like almay, because it doesn't contain thimerisol (a preservative I'm allergic to). However, I'm currently using
"Biased" by M.A.C. ;)

sweetartist said...

I know, right?
I was going to get M.A.C, but I wanted to find a cheap alternative. I use my M.A.C makeup for really special occasions, and now the shade isn't right - I bought it with my summer skin tone. :P